Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Devil's Tower Rock Climb

Dave went on a road trip with his friend Jeremy this past fall. They made a stop along the way
at Mt. Rushmore.

The main reason for the trip was to climb Devil's Tower. It's a National Monument in North-East, WY. The climb is 1200 ft and 4 pitches high-if you don't know climb language (I don't!)-this translates to a HUGE climb. It was his first multi-pitch climb, and he did awesome.

Dave was pretty nervous for this climb since Jeremy and his Dad have a lot more experience climbing, but he kept right up...and loved it. This was definitely one of his biggest accomplishments.. now he can't wait to do another one. I'm not sure how I feel about that! I was a nervous wreck the day he was climbing..watching my phone every second waiting to hear he was still alive.

"squishing your head"...


About 1000ft up...scary!

Just one of Dave's many famous poses..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe they climbed that. It's amazing! I would definitely have peed my pants :)