Friday, December 5, 2008

My BIGGEST accomplishment yet...

My so called friends, Joni and Jamie, talked me into running a 1/2 marathon with them this fall. Funny thing is, they told me only ONE month before the race. Before now, I had never ran more than 3 miles at a time, so if you can imagine, a little more than a month to train could have been ideal. I never, EVER thought I would do this. Running is strictly for a healthy heart, not for fun! Surprisingly I did make it through the race. Nearly killed me, but I made it. I actually enjoyed it (just a little) and I just might do another... I think the part I liked best was the pig-out breakfast at Magleby's after!
They are lucky I'm still their friend.....

Good husband to get up early and come watch me finish

1 comment:

ryan and joni remkes said...

Dear EM,
So glad you joined the blogging world!!! I am so proud of us...everytime I see those pic's. Can't wait to do the next one :)